Sexual Assault Lawsuit Filed Against DEVEREUX FOUNDATION, INC., d/b/a Devereux Glenholme School
***FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE***
Sexual Assault Lawsuit Filed Against DEVEREUX FOUNDATION, INC.,
d/b/a Devereux Glenholme School
WHAT: JEFF HERMAN (www.hermanlaw.com), a nationally-recognized attorney for victims of sexual abuse, announces the filing of a lawsuit against DEVEREUX FOUNDATION, INC., d/b/a Devereux Glenholme School, for negligence leading to the sexual assault of a student by school employee, Melissa Lee Houck.
According to the Complaint:
- ADRIAN LOVELL was a 15 year-old male resident student at Devereux Glenholme School in 2001.
- ADRIAN LOVELL had emotional, behavioral and cognitive issues which required specialized treatment at Devereux Glenholme School, a therapeutic boarding school.
- Melissa Lee Houck, employed by DEVEREUX FOUNDATION, INC., escorted students on field trips; worked with younger students; escorted students to meals, classes and activities; and supervised the boys’ dormitory at night.
- Melissa Lee Houck brought ADRIAN LOVELL alone into the day room on campus where she performed oral sex on him beginning a long-term sexually abusive relationship, involving frequent oral and vaginal sex.
- Melissa Lee Houck introduced ADRIAN LOVELL to alcohol and marijuana and gave him gifts.
- The relationship between Melissa Lee Houck and ADRIAN LOVELL became open and notorious at the School and was questioned by Judith Cooper, the School’s Principal/Executive Administrator.
- Judith Cooper and DEVEREUX FOUNDATION, INC. engaged in no corrective measures to further prevent abuse.
- In 2004, Melissa Lee Houck was convicted of crimes relating to the sexual abuse of ADRIAN LOVELL.
- As a direct and proximate result of DEVEREUX FOUNDATION, INC.’s negligence, ADRIAN LOVELL has suffered severe psychological, emotional and physical injuries, and emotional distress.
ADRIAN LOVELL v. DEVEREUX FOUNDATION, INC., d/b/a Devereux Glenholme School, was filed August 21, 2017 in the United States District Court, District of Connecticut. The complaint is available for Download at www.HermanLaw.com)
Jeff Herman, the attorney for the victim in this case, stated: “The Complaint sets out facts that are very disturbing. It shows a complete disregard for the safety of students.”
CONTACT: Meghan Gold; email@example.com; 561-578-4920
For the filed Complaint: DE 1 Complaint